Tuesday, March 19, 2019

VGMA Gave My Award To Adina - Nana Yaa

Afropop and high-life singer, Nana Yaa who is also a daughter of veteran high-life singer Pat Thomas has lamented on how VGMA cheated her in 2018.


According to the "My Hunny" singer, female vocalist award isn't for those who have popular songs but VGMA has been giving it to those with popular songs and it's very wrong.


Speaking with Amansan Krakye on Radio Central in recent interview, she revealed that she felt insulted when she didn't win the female vocalist last year.


"At a point I felt insulted because that particular year we worked so hard. I see it as insult to me and my team. Everyone in Ghana knew I deserved it but I don't know what happened at the board. At the awards night in the auditorium everyone was mentioning my name. No matter what you do they will give it to the one they want to. For now I'm looking up to God, when the time is right and they want to give me I dey", she divulged.


Nana Yaa lost female vocalist award in 2018 to her colleague Adina. From her argument, Adina's song was popular than hers but when it comes to the vocal prowess she was on point than Adina that year.


This means VGMA cheated and this is not the first time an artist is being cheated because it has happened to Shatta Wale, Medikal, Patapaa, Joey B, Ras Kuuku among others.

No comments:

Post a Comment