Wednesday, March 20, 2019

I Won't Cry Over VGMA Because I Have International Awards - Nero X

Takoradi-based high life singer Kwame Nkrumah Buabeng a.k.a Nero X has revealed that Vodafone Ghana Music Awards is not his priority.


In recent interview on Radio Central's Drive Time, the singer who has been snubbed by VGMA severally including this year's edition said his focus is not on awards.


“I don’t really focus on VGMA but when it comes fine. I have a whole lot of awards from outside the country, Chicago, Canada and even Ghana here I have a couple of awards. When you go to my room you will see them but it shouldn’t be about Ghana Music Awards only. I don’t do music for awards, when the fans are consuming the songs, that’s the best award. I don’t focus on awards that much but when it comes why not”, he told Amansan Krakye.


Nero X became known in the Ghanaian music industry after he released "Oseey" in 2015.


VGMA nominated him as new artist in 2016 but he lost to his Takoradi brother Kofi Kinaata. Since then he hasn't gotten any recognition by VGMA again though he is working hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment